- Rick Perry had a meltdown. His train of thought derailed multiple times and he was slurring his words slightly.
- Mitt Romney’s hair was jauntily tousled and he probably gets a boost from this.
- Herman Cain proved he’s not a misogynist by referring to Rep. Nancy Pelosi as “Princess Nancy” and gave Jim Cramer a stroke by referencing 9-9-9 when Cramer said specifically not to at all.
- Michele Bachmann insulted poor people by saying they could pay taxes by buying “two less Happy Meals.”
- Ron Paul suggested students pay for college like they pay for cell phones and that getting rid of student loans will make the price go down. He alternated between Grandpa Simpson and soothsayer.
- Rick Santorum was lost because he couldn’t talk about abortions and gay people killing America.
- Newt Gingrich got his ass handed to him by moderators for claiming “media is not reporting accurately how the economy works.” At a CNBC debate.
- Jon Huntsman was the grown-up in the room, reminding everyone Americans watching this debate are hurting. They’re losing their jobs, their houses, and there’s no simple solution. He had ideas versus talking points. So he’s going to sink further than 1% in the polls.
Like I said last time, Comedy Central seriously needs to hold one of these debates. Moderated by John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. They are pure comedy.
Michele Bachmann has won the Ames Straw Poll, and the vast majority of sources are saying she did it in landslide fashion. The time to starting worrying is now, if reasonable people don’t stand in her way, who knows what can happen.
An opinion I try not to express often, regardless of who it’s about, but will someone please just stab her?
Oh, and make sure she dies, we don’t need another Ronald Reagan.