Why is this so hard to understand? It’s the hypocrisy, not the [presumably consensual] sex.
^ YES. It’s shitty that he cheated on two wives and left them when they were terminally ill. But it’s politically reprehensible that he would claim to be the “values candidate” who will protect the “sanctity of marriage” after doing it.
And while trying to get Clinton impeached for cheating on his wife …
- Rick Perry had a meltdown. His train of thought derailed multiple times and he was slurring his words slightly.
- Mitt Romney’s hair was jauntily tousled and he probably gets a boost from this.
- Herman Cain proved he’s not a misogynist by referring to Rep. Nancy Pelosi as “Princess Nancy” and gave Jim Cramer a stroke by referencing 9-9-9 when Cramer said specifically not to at all.
- Michele Bachmann insulted poor people by saying they could pay taxes by buying “two less Happy Meals.”
- Ron Paul suggested students pay for college like they pay for cell phones and that getting rid of student loans will make the price go down. He alternated between Grandpa Simpson and soothsayer.
- Rick Santorum was lost because he couldn’t talk about abortions and gay people killing America.
- Newt Gingrich got his ass handed to him by moderators for claiming “media is not reporting accurately how the economy works.” At a CNBC debate.
- Jon Huntsman was the grown-up in the room, reminding everyone Americans watching this debate are hurting. They’re losing their jobs, their houses, and there’s no simple solution. He had ideas versus talking points. So he’s going to sink further than 1% in the polls.
Like I said last time, Comedy Central seriously needs to hold one of these debates. Moderated by John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. They are pure comedy.